Been a long time since I made one of these.
I hope everyone's holidays went well for them and no one did anything too stupid over New Year's.
I am a calm laid back individual who is usually asleep. But when I'm not its hard to tell I'm not trying to be asleep. I play guitar / bass / harmonica / etc in my spare time. And listen to various genres of music. Predominately metal and rock.
Joined on 6/18/10
Posted by Viper - September 29th, 2017
I guaruntee no one is going to be reading this but yeah it feels like it's been forever since I've actually sat down and did shit on this site. Lately I've just been coming on here to get my daily exp and not feeling like going out and talking to people or going on the forums or anything like that. As such it feels as though I've lost all contact with people I used to talk to all the damn time and that bothers me a little bit. Life has taken over a lot on my end. Though it's more I'm working a decent amount during the week and whenever I'm NOT working I either am sleeping or want to be sleeping. Friends are definitely an almost foreign concept to me at the moment still hehe...
Anyways, for the longest time Newgrounds was always my "home away from home".
A place I'd kick back, shoot the breeze with people I befriended, shit post in the forums, and just do whatever. Unfortunately real life takes over for more people than just myself. Nowadays it feels as though people I used to talk to all the time have all but left the site behind and are going on doing other shit. Same goes for the forums too. Once they were thriving and having boatloads of people talking and threads going by faster than you can blink. Now it feels like there are even more HOURS between people posting shit. It's pretty damn depressing.
I hope I can actually stick around more now and try to get ahold of people I used to talk to a lot and to also post more. Til then I don't know. I kinda kept rambling and don't exactly know how to end this post. Hell I might even just abruptly
Posted by Viper - May 28th, 2017
Wanted to get that really depressing post off the front of my profile so...I guess update on some other stuff that's been going on on my end.
1. I now have both quarter panels, a new grille, a new glove box for my Mustang and am looking to get some more interior parts for it soon. I hope I can have all (or at least a massive chunk) of the body work done by the end of summer if I can find someone who can get the quarter panels on it without my needing to sell my soul to cover the cost.
2. My dad recently bought a 1985 Avanti II. It was a like 2 1/2 hour drive just to go get it and an over 3 hour drive back because he was driving the car home and I was driving his car back and he needed to follow me home. Thing is though. The spedometer decided to stop working while we were driving on a busy highway and he had no idea how fast he was going so he kept trailing REALLY far behind and I needed to periodically call him to see where he was because I could not see him at all. Needless to say. When we got the car home he said he didn't like it like at all. Now after having it for like 2 weeks, he's come around to really liking it. I might add a picture of it on here if I can find the one I took of it.
Since the picture upload is acting like a bitch I'm just going to post a link to the picture of the car here\/
3. My grandma went to the hospital and we found out she "had" skin cancer. I say "had" because the doctors are saying that they got it all but I'm honestly skeptical because when my aunt had cancer they said the same thing more than once and yet it kept coming back. This is the second time shes had to deal with some form of cancer. First time she had breast cancer. I didn't want to put this at #1 because I had an entire post of depressing shit before this and didn't want to start off a new one with even MORE depressing shit.
4. For my 3rd year "anniversary" of working where I'm working I was <ins>made</ins> to go on a week long paid vacation. I'm not complaining about it. I'd be pretty stupid to complain about having an entire week off and being paid for it because I had vacation time built up and if I didn't take the vacation those vacation hours would have gone away or whatever. Though what I AM a little irritated about was the fact that I was put in a job all last week that I hadn't been in in well over a month and specifically on some of the busiest days of the year.
5. I'm legitimately considering buying new and sturdier shelving for my records and all of my other shit so I can get rid of the ones in my room that are falling apart. Then I can properly store all of my records and not have numerous stacks all over my room .-.
Posted by Viper - July 24th, 2016
Well...long story short, my mom died Wednesday night.
Not much I'm willing to divulge detail wise but I'll just say it wasn't "natural causes".
(If anyone seriously wants to know feel free to PM me, I don't want to say what happened on here)
I may not have liked her that much. In fact I can't say I was super fond of her after the shit she pulled that ended up causing her and my dad to get divorced. But she was still my mom. I mean anything in the world could happen but that'd still be pretty true. I mean I literally wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her (haha).
It was about a decade when her and my dad got divorced and I hadn't seen her since. I talked to her on random occassions on the phone but that was it.
Now at some point later (since she was living in Kentucky at the time) the next time I'm going to be anywhere near her again is when we have a memorial service for her. She is going to be cremated and her urn is going to be buried.
And I'm not sure how to handle all of this. Even though I didn't see eye to eye with her I still lost a pretty important member of my family which you really can't replace. I haven't been able to really let it sink in that shes really gone. I keep expecting her to randomly call my sister or see her pop up on Facebook chatting with her and really wanting to see a car my sister is in the process of working on get finished. It's a Rocky Horror Picture Show themed "rat rod". My sister and I both love that movie because she turned us onto it and we've watched it an ungodly amount of times ever since we were kids. In light of these events, my sister lost all drive to finish it. Now she wants to finish it as a bit of a tribute to her so she can say she has it done because of how badly my mom wanted to see it get done.
As for me, she wanted me to add her on Facebook and talk to me so much. And I kept blowing her off because I was still mad at her. And now I'm never going to get the opportunity to tell her I was sorry for that. And that I still loved her. I can still hear her voice from when I got to talk to her on the phone. Calling me "Mikey" (because my middle name is Michael) and her telling me that she loved me. And part of me doesn't want to accept that she's really gone. But I know eventually it's going to hit me a lot harder than it has been all week and I don't know what I'm going to do. Everyone has been going out of their way to contact my dad and sister and comfort them but no one has even tried coming to me to see how I'm doing. I mean I'm honestly doing my best to not full on start crying sometimes. I did right before typing all of this. My half-brother made a video collage of pics of her to a song she really liked and about halfway into it I needed to put my phone down because I felt like I was about to start crying, then after I felt a bit better I started it up again and I just started crying my eyes out.
I'm still going to be on here.
I'm still going to be carrying on as I have before and always will. And have been trying to since then
And I know eventually I'm going to be "fine" I guess.
But I'm just dealing with a lot of stuff at the moment and this was all shit that's been on my mind for almost a week now. I called off work the day after I found out because I really didn't want all this to hit me as hard as it did while driving to or from work and I just all around wasn't really feeling like I'd be able to handle going in in light of what happened.
Posted by Viper - July 13th, 2016
Kinda wanted to make a new post since the previous one was up for like 4 1/2 months.
As of right now my Ranchero is sitting at a garage in town. I'm getting a spring in the seat that goes on what adjusts the seat replaced so I can drive the damn thing and not worry about the seat rocking back and forth and so I can actually reach the pedals due to the fact it moves all the way back and all the way forward making it pretty dangerous to drive otherwise. Also getting full moon hubcaps put on.
This car...truck...thing is a fuckin beast. Other than getting the hubcaps on and getting the seat fixed, I need the radio worked on because it's not working at the moment so I'm thinking a mouse chewed through a wire. It's got a 12 disc CD changer in it. I also need to thoroughly clean the bed and get it lined as well as get a couple small rust spots starting to form fixed before they get worse. They're in the rear lower corners by the back tires. They're not BAD right now but it'd be better if I took care of them SOON rather than later on.
(fucking thing has KITT lights in the grill and I want to get more to fill the whole thing up to have on at car shows)
And here it is with the hubcaps on it. Looks fucking sharp as hell.
Posted by Viper - February 29th, 2016
A '71 Mach I to be precise.
Cost me $4600. The person was asking $4800 but they went down.
I'm probably gonna end up having to dump another $10k into this before it's 100% perfectly finished. But it'll be worth it. Considering these things can command huge amounts of money when they're in amazing condition.
Heres the color up close because the picture:
1. Doens't do it justice
2. The hood is a different color than the rest of the car
Okay the main thing I NEED on the interior is the rest of the back seat.
What I mean by this is that the back seat folds down flat and theres a "trap door" that goes into the trunk.
Going from something like this
Now whats up with this is:
1. That "trap door" I can get cheap. And by cheap I mean like $100-150.
2. The plastic parts around the "trap door" together are going to cost about $350.
3. The rest of the fold down part (shown in the second picture) is gonig to end up costing me nearly $1000.
So with carpet and all that inside (JUST the carpet and sound deadener for under the carpet) along with the aforementioned parts, it'd cost me roughly $1,700 unless I find cheaper stuff for it.
Posted by Viper - January 9th, 2016
Been wildly inactive for nearly a year now. Had computer issues and wasn't too into getting my computer fixed for like the 4th time. So I just went on hiatus here and only posted periodically or got exp.
But I got myself a laptop today. So hey. Guess I'm back.
Looking forward to starting to post and talk to people on here again. Really missed it ._.
Posted by Viper - May 3rd, 2015
My sister and I went on and did 5 songs. We ended up changing our setlist. We expanded it to 7 then had to cut it down at short notice due to the first actual band taking forever to set up.
We played: Bad Moon Rising, Butthole Surfers - TV Star, Science Fiction Double Feature, Do You Realize?? by Flaming Lips, and Last Kiss. We had to cut out the songs About A Girl and Cover Of The Rolling Stone.
After that my cousin and his gf's sister went on. I DO NOT like her. At all. She dresses like a skank all the fucking time and thinks shes the best singer ever. She isn't. And it's apparent. Shes like one of those people who auditions for American Idol and doesn't even get past the auditioning phase because they just all around suck. Anyways. They did I wanna say 4 songs. All of them "newer" songs that are crappy Top 40 stuff and a random Green Day song. And she can't sing in the correct key for those.
After they were on the first band (Momentum) went on. They play rock music from the 60s and 70s. Mostly stuff like The Hollies, Ringo Starr, Beatles, Blues Brothers kinda stuff. I introduced a guitarist of the band the 13th Floor Elevators since they're from the same time period of stuff they play. And he seemed really interested in em. So who knows. Maybe they'll play a song by em or something. They use all vintage gear (aside maybe drums) and even have those really old 40-50s mics. You know the ones I'm talking about.
Anyways. Then at the end of the night my old guitar teacher's band went on. They play 70s-now hard rock and are called Vinyl Tap. They were playing stuff like Aerosmith, ACDC, Simple Minds (you know....the song at the end of The Breakfast Club), Queen, Rolling Stones, etc. It was fun. And I was headbanging like crazy and now my neck still hurts from it. I was also slam dancing and jumping all around and doing stuff while they were on. I really only did it cause no one else other than my sister and our friend Hannah were doing anything. So my doing that got a huge group of other people to come over and dance too and it made the rest of the night fun for everyone else.
Theres video of the whole night. But as far as I know my uncle hasn't uploaded it anywhere.